Google+

  • Now Selling Prints!!

    I'm now selling prints through Storenvy! Go buy a few!!

  • Follow Illumistrations on Tumblr!!

    Follow me on Tumblr at Illumistrations.tumblr.com

  • Questions or Commission Requests?? Email me!!

    carrington84@gmail.com

  • Follow Me on Twitter!!

    @Illumistrations


Monday, May 5, 2014

World Wide Woman (Wonder Woman)

That's a lot of W's in the title.

A looooong while ago, I drew this Wonder Woman image in like the spur of the moment and didn't do too much with it, just a quick sketch with colors on it, and it will not go away.  Everywhere I look online, I'm always finding it...and without credit or link backs...mostly because both my signature and watermark were and stay cropped off of it.  It keeps getting passed around in email blasts, flyers, facebook posts and profile images...all without my consent.  I guess I would be cool with it if people hadn't cropped out my name and all...but mostly since I drew it a while ago, I definitely do not like it.  If you're not familiar with it, here's the image:


I definitely do not like this image and it just won't go away.  So what better way to bury this image than to do a better one?  That's the thought anyway.  Plus, I feel as if I can draw much better now than what this image showcases.  So, I went on with the sketch:

art illustration sketch wonder woman comics black african american tumblr dc comics superheroes superwoman heroines woman hero heroes

It still has the same vibe, but with a more updated (very much updated) look to it.  

And then the inks and colors:

art illustration sketch wonder woman comics black african american tumblr dc comics superheroes superwoman heroines woman hero heroes

Also included, more watermarks and in a place where it would be difficult to crop out.  But doing that, it probably means that it wouldn't get shared as often as the previous one was.  I guess its better to have my name out there so people know who the artist is though.  Its very disconcerting to go online or to different blogs, or facebook/tumblr/twitter to see your image all filtered up and with your info cropped out.


So, lets share this image and help me in my quest to make all of my old sub-standard art die!

Stay blessed.

Without Wax,

-Charles




No comments: