Google+

  • Now Selling Prints!!

    I'm now selling prints through Storenvy! Go buy a few!!

  • Follow Illumistrations on Tumblr!!

    Follow me on Tumblr at Illumistrations.tumblr.com

  • Questions or Commission Requests?? Email me!!

    carrington84@gmail.com

  • Follow Me on Twitter!!

    @Illumistrations


Monday, March 31, 2014

Spring is Here, Finally.

I'll be honest...I could have sworn that I posted both of these images on this blog already, and just looking at it now, I see that I haven't.  Thats a shame.  Both of these pics were drawn while the calendar said that it was Spring, but it was clearly snowing outside.  And now that the calendar and Mother Nature have shown parity...I guess its time to share these on this blog.

black woman african american art beach bike artwork drawing illustration summer spring illumistrations sketch
Beach Bike

black woman african american art beach bike artwork drawing illustration summer spring illumistrations sketch
Outside the Bistro

Normally I post the sketches that went along with the final images, but for both of these, I kept the sketch pretty rudimentary and honestly, its just not visually pleasing, especially since I had no rendering on them at all.  It did cut some time out of going from sketch to final, but when I render the sketch, it gives me an idea as to where I would want the light source to be and how shadows fall, so I had to do all of that in the coloring phase.  Doing either way isn't necessarily better than the other, its just different.  

And yay for warm weather finally!

As always, if you would like to purchase this or any of my other prints, you can do so at my Storenvy page.

And get outside and enjoy that warm weather!

Be blessed.

Without Wax,

-Charles



No comments: