Google+

  • Now Selling Prints!!

    I'm now selling prints through Storenvy! Go buy a few!!

  • Follow Illumistrations on Tumblr!!

    Follow me on Tumblr at Illumistrations.tumblr.com

  • Questions or Commission Requests?? Email me!!

    carrington84@gmail.com

  • Follow Me on Twitter!!

    @Illumistrations


Monday, March 17, 2014

A Storm's Coming

I've been kinda busy as of late getting pulled in different directions, and its just been draining and exhausting.  So its always good to take time out to put down some personal drawings to sort of take my mind away from the every day day to day stuff.  And who better to do that with than one of my favorite X-men, Storm?

I had some preliminary sketches that while I liked, there were some things about them that I ultimately didn't.  Take for instance the first sketch I did almost a week ago with the general idea in mind:

storm xmen african american superheroes superheroine ororo munroe black heroes black heroines marvel comics xforce


I liked the idea of the sketch, but there were definitely some proportion and depth issues there that I could have worked on to resolve, but I just scrapped it in order to use the same idea, but a more dynamic pose.  So I went back to the drawing board and came up with this:

storm xmen african american superheroes superheroine ororo munroe black heroes black heroines marvel comics xforce

I liked this layout a million times more, but there were still some adjustments that I needed to make which I could do in the inking process instead of redoing the entire sketch which is what I went with.  I also liked the general idea for a background I had in the first sketch, so I went with that as well for the final version.  And after some toying around with it and some details changed here and there, here is the final version:

storm xmen african american superheroes superheroine ororo munroe black heroes black heroines marvel comics xforce

And as always, you can click on the image to see it in higher resolution.  Overall, I like how it came out, but I'm sort of bummed that I worked hard on that foreshortened hand only for it to be covered up in the final.  But hey, I learned as I went along, so thats the main takeaway there.

If you would like to purchase this as an 11" x 17" print on high quality gloss cardstock, you can always do so on my Storenvy page where I have more of my prints available for sale as well.

Oh, and make sure to follow me all over so you can see my in progress stuff as well as other non art related things! (Facebook | Tumblr | Google+ | Instagram)

Without Wax,

-Charles

No comments: