Google+

  • Now Selling Prints!!

    I'm now selling prints through Storenvy! Go buy a few!!

  • Follow Illumistrations on Tumblr!!

    Follow me on Tumblr at Illumistrations.tumblr.com

  • Questions or Commission Requests?? Email me!!

    carrington84@gmail.com

  • Follow Me on Twitter!!

    @Illumistrations


Monday, February 3, 2014

The Worst

I've been a fan of Jhene Aiko for quite some time.  After I heard her song with Miguel about 2 or so years ago, I've been hooked on her music ever since.  Then her newest EP came out, Sail Out.  And there are some great songs on there (notably the one she has with Kendrick Lamar), but it's her The Worst song that stays on repeat.  And then the video...the video is great and makes me love the song even more.

So, with a suggestion from a special someone (thank you!) I decided to do some fan art of her based on the video.  So first, obviously was the initial and hen tightened up sketch of her.  I wanted to base it off of the video, but not from a shot from the video, if that makes sense.  Anyways, the sketch is below.

art sketch illustration jhene aiko the worst video fan art illumistrations drawing

My perspective is all wrong (the blinds) in the sketch, but that usually happens when I sketch stuff out and then I go back when I ink it and fix it (most of the time).  And below is the final image:

art sketch illustration jhene aiko the worst video fan art illumistrations drawing

If you haven't checked out her music, I seriously suggest you do so.  And as always, if you would like to purchase this as an 11" x 17" print, you can do so on my Storenvy page.

Without Wax,

-Charles

No comments: