Google+

  • Now Selling Prints!!

    I'm now selling prints through Storenvy! Go buy a few!!

  • Follow Illumistrations on Tumblr!!

    Follow me on Tumblr at Illumistrations.tumblr.com

  • Questions or Commission Requests?? Email me!!

    carrington84@gmail.com

  • Follow Me on Twitter!!

    @Illumistrations


Friday, January 17, 2014

Hold The Wall

Finally...some 2014 art!  2013 was pretty great, so we have to start 2014 off on the right foot.

 I experimented a lot with process on this particular drawing, and I really like the results that came from it.  I usually just sketch out a base gesture that I want for the drawing, then go back over it and add clothing, facial features and rough out a background...then go back over it again and make the pencils tighter before I finally ink it.  This time, I just did pretty loose pencils and went straight to inking.  Some parts of that came out well (like the hair) and some parts I could tell where I fudged the sketch a lot and definitely had to make up for it inking.

I drew the background on a different layer entirely from the main girl so that I could control it better than if all of the inks were on the same layer.  That's something that I found out a while ago and just makes my life a whole lot easier.

art illustration drawing black african american woman fashion alley wall

And as always, if you would like to purchase this illustration as a high quality 11" x 17" print on gloss cover paper, you can do so at my Storenvy site where I have a whole bunch of other prints available as well.

Without Wax,

-Charles

No comments: