Google+

  • Now Selling Prints!!

    I'm now selling prints through Storenvy! Go buy a few!!

  • Follow Illumistrations on Tumblr!!

    Follow me on Tumblr at Illumistrations.tumblr.com

  • Questions or Commission Requests?? Email me!!

    carrington84@gmail.com

  • Follow Me on Twitter!!

    @Illumistrations


Friday, December 13, 2013

Jinkies! Velma Dinkley and Scooby Doo

About 2 and a half years ago, I created a re-imagined African American version of the Scooby Doo Detective Agency.  And anyone who knows me should know that Velma was by far my favorite character from the show.  Looking back at it recently, I thought to myself that the concept needed a complete redraw...especially how looking back at my old art just makes me want to throw all of my old sketches and illustrations out of the window.

So, I decided to change the character direction with Velma to get it more in line with the actual show (especially the colors) and change the look of Scooby slightly.
Jinkies Velma Dinkley Scooby Doo Detective Agency Black Rottweiler African American Illumistrations drawing art illustration

I also wanted to do a background for this image as well, but I didn't want it to detract from the focus of Velma and Scooby, so I kept it rather simple.

Jinkies Velma Dinkley Scooby Doo Detective Agency Black Rottweiler African American Illumistrations drawing art illustration

You can also purchase this image as an 11" x 17" print on high quality gloss cover paper from my new online store at Storenvy.  This will probably get a separate post, but for right now, all of my prints are for sale there (Illumistrations.storenvy.com).  From now until the end of the 2013 calendar year, you can use the discount code DECOPEN to get 15% off of your total purchase!  Just in time for the holidays.

Without Wax,

-Charles

No comments: