Google+

  • Now Selling Prints!!

    I'm now selling prints through Storenvy! Go buy a few!!

  • Follow Illumistrations on Tumblr!!

    Follow me on Tumblr at Illumistrations.tumblr.com

  • Questions or Commission Requests?? Email me!!

    carrington84@gmail.com

  • Follow Me on Twitter!!

    @Illumistrations


Friday, April 5, 2013

Shera: Princess of Power

I finally finished this drawing after the initial sketch was sitting in purgatory for a little while.  Honestly, I never thought that I would go further with the sketch, but I'm glad that I did.  As much as they were considered to be "girl's shows", I was an avid watcher of both Shera and Jem & The Holograms.  Judge me.  Speaking of, I may just do a Jem drawing somewhere down the line.  

But onto this drawing: its obviously Shera with her mighty steed Swift Wind in front of Castle Greyskull.  And like I've mentioned on other sites, technically Swift Wind is a pegasus, but for me to be able to show the most of Shera that I could, I had to omit his wings.  But unicorns are still magical too on their own, so its sort of like a win win.

And as always, if you like this image and would like to purchase a print, feel free to head on over to my prints page, located at the top of this blog.

Shera Swiftwin african american black superheroes heroes heroine

Without Wax,

-Charles

No comments: