Google+

  • Now Selling Prints!!

    I'm now selling prints through Storenvy! Go buy a few!!

  • Follow Illumistrations on Tumblr!!

    Follow me on Tumblr at Illumistrations.tumblr.com

  • Questions or Commission Requests?? Email me!!

    carrington84@gmail.com

  • Follow Me on Twitter!!

    @Illumistrations


Friday, July 3, 2009

Grecco-Roman Goddess


I'm not fully versed in the mythologies of the grecco-roman era. Actually, I suck at history. I'm more of a math and science person...who likes art and draws in their spare time. My main goal was to use math and science to get to a point where I could do art whenever I wanted...but, its not playing out that way. Some days I wish I went to school to get a BFA instead of an engineering degree...and if I would be happier with that. But I guess you shouldn't live in regret...and that post is for another day...on another blog.

Anyways...

I had this idea to draw this a little while ago. I initially wanted it to be a drawing of Nefertiti in ancient Egypt, but I really hate that hat/crown she wears, and if I drew her without it, she wouldn't be easily recognizable. I might do a redux of this with her instead somewhere down the line, but I'm pretty happy how this turned out. The only thing thats not readily apparent which I wanted to convey, was that her dress was supposed to be sheer, but for some reason, it didn't come out that way...maybe I need to lower to opacity some more. Oh well. And I guess she's supposed to be the goddess of the sun, hence the faint sun rays.

Now I just have to learn how to and practice color holds in photoshop...


No comments: